You know Black Friday is coming. You’ve either ordered your inventory (and hoping it arrives on time) or you’re already unpacking it. You’re planning the window displays but what are you planning on social media? You might be planning a post or two the week of and maybe on Black Friday. Is that enough though?
Did you know shoppers are planning for Black Friday too? Some shoppers plan as early as October 1st. They are already searching Google for early deals. Your big box store competitors are ready and you need to be too. Below are 6 tips for Brick & Mortar and 4 tips for your online stores.
Here are 6 tips for Brick & Mortar stores –
- Know where your customers are following you most and are most engaged. Focus on that platform. For some, it might be Facebook or others Instagram, maybe even Tiktoc. One or two platforms is best that way you don’t spread yourself too thin.
- You may have noticed the keyword here is PLANNING. Set your goal and start now. Don’t wait until the week of Black Friday.
- Get to know your customers. This will help you reach them.
- Quality content over quantity. Most platforms’ algorithms will sort posts with low resolution. blurry. or recycled content and make them less visible. Watch out also for borders or too much text over the image.
- Video is where it’s at. Vertical videos are best for most social media platforms. They don’t have to be long, 30 – 60 seconds at most. Be yourself, entertaining and fun. Don’t forget the music.
- Use Google My Business. If you’re unfamiliar, ask me how.
Are You Mobile-Ready?
Here are 4 tips for Online stores or if you have both –
- Let’s talk shipping. It’s expensive for your store no way around it but it’s also one of the biggest selling points to your customers. Most people are looking for either free or low-cost shipping. In fact, 90% of people are looking for free shipping. It might be something to factor into your operating expenses. It matters when they’re going to receive it too They want it in two days, not two weeks.
- This has been said a million times but make sure your site is mobile-ready. Mobile-ready, mobile-ready, mobile-ready! It’s a shock when a site isn’t and the fastest way to lose a sale.
- All of the above tips for Brick & Mortar.
- Make sure your social media pages connect to your website.
Contact me if you have any questions. I’m very happy to help and would love to see this be your best season yet.